CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

6x6 Mini

I was recently asked about what I use to make Mini Albums. I thought I would share with you my inexpensive way of using cardboard. I mostly use Cereal Boxes. When my kids are finished with a box of cereal they know NOT to throw away the box! The box goes on Mommy's craft desk. I started this mini and took pictures after I cut the box down to a 6x6 and 2x6 pieces. I used a paper pack from Close To My Heart. It's called "Key to My Heart". Here is the pictures of the paper




Here are the pieces of cereal boxes after I covered them with designer paper and cardstock.(Front and Back)


Here is the final product:








I hope you like it and remember....no more cereal boxes go in the trash! Have fun with this one and give it a try! Here are the supplies I used: Close To My Heart, Making Memories, Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts, and Stampin Up.

5 comments:

Stephanie (steffogal1) said...

wOO thats amazining how you took cereal boxes and transformed them into a really great mini:) thanks for sharing ...super pretty!

LovelyBucket said...

That is so cool. Thanks for posting this.

Stephanie said...

Great mini! Love the papers.

Joy said...

i use cereal boxes for scrapbooking too lol it's a great way of recycling it :)

Anonymous said...

Reginna, that baby boy album is precious! I save all cardboard food boxes too, knowing someday I'll need them for something! Thanks for the great idea! *though, being a Trekkie, I would have used that cereal box as my album front*! lol! JK! My dd totally would have though!

I've done a mini album using the lunch bags before, it turned out great, too bad I gave it away and didn't take a picture of it! I oriented it so that the open ends were on the right and used them as pockets for pictures or tags. I need to try this again.